Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I do not have a login to view my child's attendance. Who do I contact?
Please contact your child's Registrar to receive the letter with your username and password to gain access to the Home Access Center.


Q: What do I do if my username and password do not work?
Please call or e-mail Dawn Schwalm, (817) 215-0546 or


Q: What does it mean if I receive an e-mail attendance notification from Home Access Center? 
An e-mail alert is sent to you when your child has attendance information entered for them. There are many reasons for this including a tardy to class. Please check the Home Access Center later to see if the child was absent or tardy. If by the end of the day, the attendance mark is still a concern, talk to your child about the attendance situation. If necessary, have your child speak to the teacher.

Q: Why am I not receiving attendance emails?

 Attendance emails are sent every afternoon if your child has had attendance information entered for them. If you do not receive this email, please log into the Home Access Center.  Select the My Alerts link and confirm the checkboxes are selected for the emails you would like to receive for each child.

If you still do not receive emails, please contact your child's Registrar to confirm the email address on file.

Q: What should I do if I believe my child's attendance in Home Access Center is not accurate? 
Discuss the concern with your child. Tell your child to clear up the absence with their teacher. If these steps do not resolve your concern, contact the attendance clerk at your campus. However, the clerk may not change attendance without the teacher’s permission.

Q: What if I receive an e-mail attendance notification, but when I go to Home Access Center attendance, my child has not been marked absent or tardy? 
The e-mail alert is sent when a student is marked absent or tardy to class. If the teacher changed the student's attendance, you might see that they were actually present in class. Remember that the data in Home Access Center is more current than the e-mail alert. 

Q: What is the best way to contact a teacher? 
You may contact a teacher directly via e-mail or by contacting the campus. All teacher e-mail addresses may be found on the Northwest Independent School District web site, (select your child's campus from the drop-down list located toward the upper right-hand side of the screen, then select the Staff link from the campus website). Teacher email addresses can also be found on the HAC home page (Daily Summary) in the Today's Schedule section.  Simply click on the teacher's name to open an email message.