Medlin Learning Commons
Library Media Specialist
Campus Technology Liaison
FOLLOW US ON:
TWITTER - @MedlinLearning1
INSTAGRAM - medlinlearningcommons
The mission of the Medlin Middle School library is to ensure that all students and staff are effective users of information and to promote reading as a lifelong pastime.
Book Request Form
Interested in a book that the Medlin library doesn't own? Fill out this book request form, and Mrs. Smith will see if it's a good fit for our library! (Please check Destiny to make sure we don't already own a copy before filling out the form.)
- Students come to the library once each three weeks with their ELA classes.
- In addition, other subject areas may bring their classes in for lessons and book checkout as needed.
- The library is open before school, during the school day and after school for check-in and checkout, and it is also a place for studying and schoolwork completion.
- Students may check out up to three books at a time, which they may keep out for three weeks before they are overdue.
- Students may renew a book once consecutive to its checkout if needed, unless the book is on hold and not being read.
Lost or Damaged Library Book Policy
If a student has lost a library book, a parent may pay for it online using the InTouch receipt system, or the student may pay with exact cash or check (see check information below) in the front office or in the library. Please do not buy a book at a bookstore to replace a lost or damaged book without speaking to Mrs. Smith first. When buying books for our library, the purchase typically includes the records, barcode, spine label, and a dust jacket cover. These items must be replaced as well. If you have any questions about this, please ask.
Parents who send a check to pay for a lost or damaged book must include the exact cost. Please use a pre-printed check and include the parent's driver's license number, its expiration date, the parent's birth date, and a working phone number. If a lost library book has been paid for and is then found, the payment will be refunded if the book is in good condition up to ten days from the last day of school. After this point, Northwest ISD will not issue refunds. Thank you for understanding.