Schedule Change Information
Schedules are subject to change as we continue to accommodate for student growth and attempt to level classes to ensure optimal learning occurs for all students.
Any student-initiated schedule change should have been completed by the last day of the previous school year. The Principal or designee must approve other schedule changes within the first 10 days of each semester and only in the case of improper academic placement in a course.
Only schedules that meet the following criteria will be considered for changes:
1. A change is needed to balance a class size.
2. A student is scheduled in a course which they have already passed.
3. Student is enrolled in a course for which the student does not have the prerequisite.
4. Student has an incomplete schedule.
5. Student has enrolled or not enrolled in an application/audition course for which they were approved.
6. Student has failed a course and needs to repeat the course.
7. Change is needed as a result of passed course earned in summer school.
Exit Guidelines for Pre/AP:
1. A student may request to exit the Pre-AP course during the first 10 school days of each semester, or at the end of the first grading period. To exit a Pre-AP course, a parent conference must occur and the student must confer with the counselor, principal or designee.
2. A student that exits out of a Pre-AP course will retain this grade in the new course. If a student exits with a grade below a 70 in the original course, this will impact their UIL eligibility.
3. Exiting a Pre-AP course prior to the end of the semester will result in loss of weighted credit for the course. (High School Credit Class Only)
We support all students in their advanced academic classes and work to determine the best possible means to support them. Therefore, before a request for a schedule change is considered, students must have attended tutorials, study sessions, conferenced with teachers and taken part in a parent/teacher conference.
Please note the policy regarding schedule changes for next year according to the NISD Middle School Course Guide:
Any student initiated schedule change must be completed by the last day of the school year. The Principal or designee must approve other schedule changes within the first 10 days of each semester and only in the case of improper academic placement in a course.