Schedule Change Information
Any student/parent initiated schedule change must be completed by the last day of the prior school year. The Principal or designee must approve all schedule changes that occur after the last day of school, and only in the case of improper academic placement in a course.
Schedule Change Guidelines
Only schedules that meet the following criteria will be considered for changes:
- A change is needed to balance a class size.
- Seniors not enrolled in a course REQUIRED for graduation.
- Students scheduled in a course for which they already have credit.
- Student is enrolled in a course for which the student does not have the prerequisite.
- Student has an incomplete schedule.
- Student enrolled/not enrolled in an application/audition course for which they were approved.
- Student has failed a course and needs to repeat the course.
- Change is needed as a result of a credit earned in summer school or correspondence course.
Request to Exit Honors Enrollment Courses
- Students may submit a request for a level change during the following times:
- August 1 through 4:00 PM the second Friday in August.
- Exit Window will open again after the first three weeks IPR and close at the end of the day on September 25th.
- The last five days of the first semester.
Exit Guidelines for Honors Courses
- A student may submit a request for a level change during the following times:
- August 1st through 4:00 PM the second Friday in August.
- Exit Window will open after the first 3 weeks IPR and close at the end of the 6th week of school.
- The last five days of the first semester through the first five days of the spring semester.
- To exit a Honors course, parent contact must occur and the student must confer with the counselor and principal or principal’s designee.
3. A student that exits out of a Honors course will retain this grade in the new course. If a student exits with a grade below 70 in the original course, this may impact their UIL eligibility.
4. Exiting a Honors course prior to the end of a semester will result in loss of weighted credit for high school courses.
In order to exit an advanced course, the following must occur:
- Attend documented tutorials and have all assignments completed.
- Parent/teacher/student conference.
- Parent-student conference with campus administration/counselor.
- Complete the campus request form and submit it by the designated due date/time.
Requests that meet the established guidelines stated above can only be approved if there is a class available and the change does not exceed the class size limit designated by administration.